Friday, December 16, 2005

Never home for Christmas

This year, I'm staying in Hong Kong for Christmas. I'm not going home because airfares are a bit more expensive at this time of year. Besides, we only get 2 days off for Christmas, and I've already used up 5 of my 14 days of annual leave (and will use up another 5 in March). Also, I don't celebrate Christmas anyway, and the most my family does to celebrate Christmas these days is set up the Christmas tree, which my brother does for fun. Anyway, I'm not going home. Unless I consider Hong Kong my new home, in which case I guess I'm staying home.

Still, I never seem to be home in Vancouver during Christmas. This time last year, I was working at a consulting firm in Seoul. Two years ago, I was working at the Canadian Trade Office in Taipei. Three years ago, I was in Paris, and spent Christmas with my uncle and his family just outside of London. I guess I was in Vancouver for Christmas 2001, but I was in Taipei for Christmas 2000.

Wow, 4 out of the last 5 Christmases.

2 Comments:

At 3:17 p.m., Blogger jibbt said...

Merry Xmas

 
At 3:12 a.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Happy Kwanzaa?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home