Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Back

From what, you ask? The reason why I haven't updated my blog in more than five days is that I had an assignment due yesterday. It's not that writing the assignment took up very much time, but I worked quite inefficiently, usually choosing to indulge in more pleasurable pastimes. Anyway, one more pleasurable pastime in which I did NOT indulge was updating my blog. I felt that while I could watch movies, spend time with my girlfriend, and play sports, I didn't want to exhaust my mental energy on writing blog entries. I would have felt incredibly guilty if I could write meaningful blog entries but not complete my assignment on time.

Today marks the end of my required coursework. From today onwards, I can focus exclusively on my own research. This also means that I no longer have any excuses for making no progress in my research. I'll also be expected to spend more time in my office, and to fill my bookshelves with books and articles. Don't worry, I won't merely fulfill these cosmetic expectations, but will actually produce high-quality, original research that will not only represent a contribution (no matter how big or small) to the academic community, but will hopefully make the world a better place too.

At least I hope I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home