Saturday, November 12, 2005

Summer in November

This is getting ridiculous.

My friends in Beijing are probably wearing winter coats now, probably even thermal underwear, scarves, gloves, and hats.

Those of you in Vancouver have probably started turning on your heaters in your cars and in your houses. You probably see frost on the grass when you leave your house in the mornings.

In Hong Kong, I'm still wearing shorts. I still turn on the air conditioner 24 hours a day. Am I in hell?

We had a brief respite from the heat for a couple of days two weeks ago, but daytime temperatures have since returned to 30 degrees celsius (the high 80's, in case you still use the idiotic fahrenheit system, you dumb Yanks!), and it only cools down to about 23 or so at night.

Perhaps my body is telling my brain that it's still summer vacation, and maybe THAT'S why I haven't been able to get much work done.

8 Comments:

At 10:33 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow in mtl yesterday -- jealous? ;)

 
At 5:41 p.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

Tres jealous! Or are you jealous of me?

 
At 6:21 p.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Last time I was in Hong Kong, it was December and it was still warm. Then it got freezing overnight. I just woke up and felt so cold.

 
At 11:17 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not quite yet. The hot humid days aren't that far behind me yet. But come January when it's -wtf out, and I have to put on four layer of clothes to cross the street for a loaf of bread, I probably will be.

 
At 12:10 a.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

I hear that here in Hong Kong, it's so humid in the winter that the cold will go through as many layers as you're wearing. I think it would be quite humiliating to feel freezing cold when it's a chilly 10 degrees C.

It happened to me during Chinese New Year, 2001.

 
At 6:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry Ken. A cold front is coming tonight and you can give your air-con some rest. The last few days was hot because we're affected by a typhoon nearby.

 
At 1:28 a.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

Ooh, it's finally gotten cooler this past week. Daytime highs will reach the mid-20's this week, and it will be as cold as 16C at night. That doesn't SOUND that cold, but believe me, it FEELS cold.

I find it amusing that people, guys and girls alike, have started wearing scarves.

 
At 1:28 a.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

Needless to say, no more need for a/c.

I can still wear shorts, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home