Friday, November 11, 2005

Pigs at Movie Night

I thought I was really smart. I really thought I solved the problem this time, but I was wrong.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a regular at the Graduate House Friday Night Movie Nights - the same jerk who borrowed, lent out, scratched, and got splash marks on my DVD - piled potato chips onto his plate, and it was a big plate, around 25 to 30 cm in diameter. I immediately thought of buying smaller plates, about 15 cm in diameter.

This week, I bought the smaller plates, and since Pringles were on sale ($9.50 HKD per can) but Lays were not (original price: more than $17 HKD), I bought two cans of Pringles. With my vantage point, I was able to see who got up to get snacks and approximately how much they got. This one girl came for the movie about 30 min after the movie started. She poured herself a drink and filled a plate with Pringles. I noticed that she took quite a bit, and she kept eating at the table, never bothering to sit down. I went over to the table to say hello, and was shocked to see half a can of Pringles on her plate! I remarked, "Wow, that's a lot!", thinking she'd be embarrassed. Instead, she replied, "Well, I like them." I couldn't believe it! What was even more unbelievable was that after 15 minutes of stuffing her face with chips, she walked out the door!

It then occurred to me that I see this girl regularly, and she's late every time, and she leaves early every time. I thought only one pig attends the movie screenings, but there are in fact two. I'm going to give her one warning, and if she still keeps hogging chips and taking off before the movie ends, I'm going to shame her publicly.

8 Comments:

At 8:13 a.m., Blogger Wabisabi said...

As someone who religiously sticks to that noble modern modus operandi called multitasking, I find it hard to believe that someone stands for 15 min doing nothing but eating chips.

Let's do the math. Half a bag of chips worth HK$9.5 in fifteen minutes. That would make that 15 min of her life worth HK$4.75 (US$0.60), and 1 hour of her life worth HK$19 (US$2.41). Cheaper than what an illegal labourer would cost in the US. Tell that to her face next time you see her!

 
At 5:42 p.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

Haha! Good one! I'll have to take your word on the math. Hope you're not nearly as bad as me.

 
At 6:19 p.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Yes, a cheaper labourer assuming that she can eat nothing but chips, and her job is to constantly eat chips.

Try sneaking epsom salts into the chips around the time she comes over, once everyone has taken their share. She'll remove herself for quite a distance so you don't have to suffer the aftermath!

 
At 10:55 p.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

Heeheehee! Fun with laxatives? Oh, how tastily cruel.

 
At 10:59 p.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Nothing that a leeching freeloader doesn't deserve. Geez, even for a thrifty Honger, that's uncalled for.

 
At 3:05 p.m., Blogger Triple D said...

u neglected to describe the physique of said pig...

 
At 4:28 p.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

If she keeps up this habit, we'll all be certain that she's a porker.

 
At 5:19 p.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

The girl is from Yunnan Province. Neither fat nor slim, but definitely shameless. Yes, I only bought 2 cans of Pringles for the whole evening, and it was supposed to be enough for 10-15 residents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home