Sunday, September 25, 2005

A long and eventful day

Wow, it's been quite an eventful day. HKU's PGSA, the Postgraduate Students Association, organised a joint day-camp with Hong Kong Baptist University. I had to wake up at 730am on a Saturday to get onto the shuttle bus. We proceeded to HKBU, but the event got cancelled at the last minute because the weather bureau hoisted Typhoon Signal 3 (the scale is from 1 lowest to 10 highest), so we returned to HKU. Then, some of us went to Causeway Bay to "sing lunch K", which involves both lunch and karaoke. After that, I went to Ikea, where I had the worst Ikea hotdog ever, where the exact same stuff sells for one third the price in Beijing, and where, unlike all other Ikeas in Asian cities, there aren't very many babes. Then, I went to Wellcome, a supermarket, where I saw oranges on discount, but I didn't buy any since I didn't have a backpack. I did, however, buy a pack of limited edition lychee-flavoured condoms, which will expire in 2010. Wouldn't it be sad if they expire unused? After that, I called up an old classmate from UBC I've been meaning to see. Believe it or not, she was in the same neighbourhood, only 100m away from where I was standing! She's such a sweet and lovely ladylike girl. Unfortunately for her, she heard me rant and complain for a couple of hours, but at least we went to a very cute cafe that is famous for the dozen or so cats that wander around the joint. Before coming back to campus, she brought me to a racquet shop, where I bought an inexpensive badminton racquet for $65 HKD, about $10 CAD. I went back to campus, first to my office, and showed my new racquet to the Malaysian-Chinese guy in the office next door, and since Malaysian-Chinese are the world's best badminton players, I asked him what he thought of the racquet. "Cheap and flimsy," he said. I went back to my dorm to pick up a receipt, then to the Chong Yuet Ming canteen for char siew rice, then went all the way back to Causeway Bay to pick up my laptop computer, after which I went back to Wellcome to buy some of the discounted oranges I saw earlier. I returned to campus fiddled with my laptop and chatted with my friends online for a few hours. At around 2am, I noticed a damsel in distress - my friend, who lives a few floors below me, couldn't sleep, so I offered to lend her some of my pirated DVDs and to show her some of my photos. We ended up chatting until about 4am, which is when I finally went to sleep. Oh, I woke up at noon, and I'm typing this now.

2 Comments:

At 2:00 p.m., Blogger Triple D said...

so is that chick one of your projects?

 
At 2:11 p.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Well, if worse come to worst, you can always lick the lychee flavor off the condoms, so you'll get to use them one way or another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home