Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Haircut disaster

In my eleven days in Beijing, I got two haircuts. The haircut I got on the day I arrived was possibly the best haircut I ever got. If I ever get e-copies of the wedding photos, I'll let you see for yourself. Perfect length, perfectly even, great angles, and great texture. The haircut I got the day before I left, however, ranks up there as one of my worst haircuts ever (a friend took pictures, which I'll post as soon as I get them). The clown who cut my hair cut too much, making my hair look like a pyramid! Because he took too much off the sides, my head looks much bigger than it is.

I wonder why I still go to that hair salon. There are four hair stylists (all married heterosexual males) and six to ten attendants (all but two of them female) who wash and dry hair and give upper body massages. A haircut costs 15 yuan, but you can have your hair washed before and after the haircut AND a 30 minute upper body massage for only 5 yuan extra. Oh yeah, I tried tipping them, but they wouldn't take it! Anyway, of the four hair stylists, one is excellent, two are competent, and the other is mediocre. Guess who I got the day before I left. Since I got my hair cut every 2-3 weeks, every single hair stylist and attendant has touched my hair. As for the attendants, two of them give wonderful massages, while two others are TERRIBLE! I didn't know they were that capable of giving me pain. I guess some guys like it that way, though.

I suppose I don't have to worry too much about this terrible haircut. My hair grows extremely fast, so by the time my courses start in two weeks, my hair will be back to normal.

Joe, upload those damned photos, will you?

1 Comments:

At 6:08 a.m., Blogger Triple D said...

hehe can u post pics on this site ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home