Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hello, boxers

After years of prodding from friends, I've finally switched from briefs to boxers. I finally understand what other guys have been raving about - they really are quite comfortable.

I've been eyeing boxer shorts at Giordano, $100 HKD for 3 pairs, for quite some time now, but have been reluctant to buy them because I wasn't sure what size to buy. I should have taken a closer look because there's a chart of each size, i.e. S to XXL, on the back of each package. Anyway, I bought two pairs of XL and one pair of XXL just in case, and am glad to say that both fit. No, I should say I'm glad to say that XL (36" to 40" waist) fits, but not so glad that XXL (40" to 44" waist) also fits. I've seen boxers on sale at Giordano for $100 HKD for 4 pairs, so I guess I'll hoard next time I see them on sale for this price again. I may also try boxers from Marks & Spencer ($100 HKD for 3 pairs, according to a friend), but not at Muji, because of country of origin.

I'm REALLY glad that I can buy underwear in Hong Kong. First of all, sizes are generally much smaller in Hong Kong, and I really did fear that they don't sell underwear for fat-assed people like me. Besides, I've been wearing the same kind of underwear for the past five years: blue Stansfield's "tighty whitie"-style briefs, $20 CAD for a pack of 4 at Costco. I don't even have a Costco membership, and there isn't a Costco around, so I was beginning to worry holes holes started to appear in some of them, and the elastic has been getting loose too.

Yep, I really like boxers. My girlfriend does too!

3 Comments:

At 3:51 p.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Oh no, you have forsaken the secure crotch-hugging comfort of briefs for drafty boxers. For some reason, girls like colored briefs too...as as long as they weren't originally white.

 
At 4:33 p.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

HAHAHA.. as long as they weren't originally white.. man, you crack me up! Yeah, I've been wearing grey and blue for the last five years. Before that, I had a forgiving girlfriend who didn't seem to mind the whities.

One disadvantage of boxers is that I'm not used to my "equipment" swinging around. Once in a while, something gets trapped between my legs when I'm walking. Ouch!

 
At 7:14 p.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Or getting a bad case of peek-a-boo worm...watch it when you zip your fly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home