Friday, March 16, 2007

Sleep problems re-emerging

I overslept today. I suspect it's because I slept with the air conditioning on for the first time in more than four months. I've been sleeping a bit later than usual in the last couple of weeks, and am in danger of falling back into my old patterns.

I want to be very careful with my sleep habits. I consider sleep, or getting a sufficient amount of sleep during "normal" sleeping hours, to be a fundamental first step in putting my life back together. After battling a sleep disorder and terrible sleep patterns for an entire year, I finally got myself back on track in December and January with a breakthrough sleep therapy I pioneered myself. Let's just say that it involves manipulation of time zones. Well, $500 CAD and 8 time zones later, I began to sleep at 2:00am rather than 8:00am, and I woke up at 9:00am rather than 2:00pm.

Most of you will never know the extent to which I have destroyed myself in the past year. My recovery has been taking much longer than everyone had anticipated or expected. I'm not even sure if the worst is behind me yet. In any case, I still consider proper sleep to be an important first step. If I sleep normal hours, I can eat regularly; if not, I can only eat one proper meal at the canteens and will be forced to survive on 7-11 meals or junk food for my other "meals". If I sleep and eat well, I can probably concentrate better, and therefore produce better work. When I produce work I can be proud of, I'll feel better about myself, and will perhaps like myself again. And when I like myself again, perhaps others will like me too.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,I am really shocked by your heading and hope you can go on enjoying your expected regular life,haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home