Saturday, October 15, 2005

Laundry theft!

Damn, there's a thief living in Graduate House. Last week, I bought a new polo shirt, a cheap one from Baleno ($39 HKD). I didn't want it to shrink, so I hung it up on the clotheslines on the roof rather than put it in the dryer. Okay, I guess I forgot to retrieve it until today, Saturday, which seems to have become my regular laundry day. Sigh.. I've looked all over and still can't find it!

I know, I know.. EVERYBODY in Hong Kong owns something from Giordano, Bossini, G2000, U2, Baleno, Crocodile, etc. However, very very few people here wear XL or XXL. I guess I should suspect the fat guys who live here, or girls who have fat boyfriends. Then again, XL in Hong Kong is usually like a medium or large in North America.

I don't know what's worse: losing a shirt to which I have an emotional attachment, or losing a shirt I had yet to wear. Because I never wore this shirt, I didn't get a penny of value out of it. By contrast, if I lost a $10 shirt I've worn 50 times, then at least I got great value for money. On the other hand, I remember which shirts I've worn on which occasions, which shirts have followed me to different countries and continents, and which ones make me looked damned good.

Sigh.. I hope your new owner loses his/her shirt, and in more ways than one...

6 Comments:

At 12:52 a.m., Blogger Triple D said...

lol, man kinda funny... do they sell clotheshangers with locks?lt

 
At 2:58 a.m., Blogger Cosmic Ocean said...

Are you sure it's theft? Maybe your dorm has a policy of clearing "forgotten" clothes every night or something. I mean, if everyone was forgetful as you, there would probably never be any room to hang your clothes.

Try checking with the dorm administration or lost & found.

 
At 9:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just so you know, I'd never steal your clothes Ken.

I'd feel big in your underwear anyways... at least the front part.

Hahahahaha

-TMT

 
At 8:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about taking an old shirt, rubbing it full of poison-ivy, and hanging it on the roof.

 
At 12:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

May be you have a secret admirer instead of a thief in the building....

 
At 4:18 a.m., Blogger krazykrankyken said...

Hmm.. will look into those locks, Don. Vince, there's plenty of room to hang stuff up out there. TMT, thanks for not stealing my undies. I can only find them in Canada! Anonymous, who are you? Nancy, if I had a secret admirer, I think he or she would steal clothes I've actually worn, haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home